It’s hot outside, and ice cream treats are the perfect way to cool off! Plus, it’s National Ice Cream Day, so why not have a little fun and make something truly spectacular out of a simple carton of store-bought ice cream (and a few other ingredients). The flavor combinations and varied textures in these summer ice cream desserts will not disappoint!
Ice Cream & Pretzel Pops
To make any of these summer snacks, you’ll need ice cream pop molds. They are easy to find, affordable and are great to have around. If you already have popsicle molds, you can definitely use those.
- Chocolate Sweet Chili Pretzel Pops: Mix softened chocolate ice cream and crushed OMG! Sweet Chili Pretzels in a bowl. Add the mixture into the ice cream pop molds and let freeze for a few hours until solid. If you want to add some crunch to the outside, dip them in melted chocolate and crushed pretzels just before serving.
- French Vanilla Salty Butterscotch Pretzel Pops: Mix softened French vanilla ice cream and crushed OMG! Salty Butterscotch Pretzels in a bowl. Place the mixture in the ice cream pop molds and let freeze for a few hours until solid. You can add some texture to the outside and make them look fancy. Simply dip them in caramel sauce and crushed pretzels just before serving.
- Strawberry Sweet & Spicy Pretzel Pops: In a bowl, combine softened strawberry ice cream with crushed OMG! Sweet & Spicy Pretzels. Put the mixture in the ice cream pop molds and let freeze for a few hours until solid. Jazz up the pops for extra crunch by dipping them in melted white chocolate and crushed pretzels right before you serve them.
Ice Cream Sundaes
Who doesn’t love a giant bowl of ice cream with lots of toppings? The ice cream sundae combinations are sure to please.
- Classic: All you need is vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, OMG! Sweet & Salty Pretzels, and honey roasted peanuts.
- A Walk on the Wild Side: For this one, try pistachio ice cream, strawberry sauce, OMG! Sweet Chili Pretzels, and candied orange peel.
- Nostalgic: Find your childhood in a bite with salted caramel ice cream, OMG! Salty Butterscotch Pretzels, toasted pecans, and whipped cream.
Ice Cream Cakes
While none of these actually have cake in them, they look like cake and cut like cake, so we are calling them cakes. These sweet summer snacks can feed a crowd and are simple to make.
- Raspberry Lemon with OMG! Sweet & Spicy Pretzels: For this one, you need vanilla ice cream, the zest of 2 lemons, a pint of fresh raspberries and a bag of OMG! Sweet & Spicy Pretzels. In a bowl, combine the softened ice cream with the lemon zest and raspberries. Then, line a loaf pan with plastic wrap and sprinkle in a layer of crushed pretzel nuggets followed by a layer of the ice cream mixture. Repeat this process until your pan is full; ideally, you’ll have three layers of OMG! Sweet & Spicy Pretzels. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours. Let it thaw for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Frozen Avocado Cake with Salty Butterscotch Pretzel Crust: This one involves a little more work in that you have to make your own avocado “ice cream” but it’s worth it! For the crust, you need melted butter or coconut oil and a bag of OMG! Salty Butterscotch Pretzels, crushed. Once the mixture is combined and sticks together, press it into the bottom of a springform pie pan. Then, in a food processor, combine 3 avocados, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 pound of room temperature cream cheese. Once smooth, add the zest of 1 lemon and 1 lime and a pinch of salt; pulse until combined. Add the avocado “ice cream” to the top of the crust and freeze it overnight. Thaw the cake for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Cookies, Candies, Pretzels & Cream Cake: For the kid in you, have fun mixing this one up! Choose your favorite flavor of ice cream and the goodies you love, mix them together and freeze. It’s that simple and delicious. The key is the crunch in the center – the layer of crushed OMG! Sweet & Salty Pretzels. We used vanilla ice cream, peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookies in our cake. Layer the loaf pan with plastic wrap, add half of the ice cream mixture then your crushed OMG! Sweet & Salty Pretzels; add the rest of the ice cream on top and freeze until solid. Let it thaw for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.