Summer is the perfect time for outdoor entertaining!
As the CDC is reporting that vaccinated people can finally start to gather safely, we thought we should share some tips for summer entertaining. With the warmer weather, it’s the perfect time for spending time with family and friends you’ve missed this past year. We especially love entertaining outdoors this time of year when it stays light later into the evening. Here are our top 5 tips:
- Keep it simple. No one wants to be exhausted by -the time guests arrive, so take help from ready-made, store-bought items that will save you time and still be delicious! Cheeses, marinated vegetables, and spreads like hummus work great together. Then, add some crunch and dipping fun with a variety of gourmet flavored pretzels. We prefer Garlic, Chesapeake Spice, and Lemon Pepper for appetizer time!
- Give it a theme. Not only are themes fun, but they help you center the menu and décor. Some fun summer themes are flamingos, camping, lemonade, and beach. Once you choose a theme, carry it throughout from invites (email or paper), plates, food, and even a take-home goody.
- Have an activity. Set up some outdoor games like bocce ball, corn hole, or ring toss. Playing games like this is fun for all ages and helps keep the conversation flowing. These sorts of activities also keep one hand free for snacking on a handful of OMG! Pretzels!
- Play music. This is another tip for keeping the energy up. Choose music that is pleasing to most of your guests and won’t be too loud but provides a nice background to the occasion.
- DIY décor. You don’t have to spend a lot to make things look elegant and personal for your guests. You can create place cards and other items that elevate the appearance of your table with a few simple DIY tricks. We love using ribbon and simple card stock to create personalized place settings.
We know you’re out of practice (we all are) from entertaining, so we hope these tips help you feel confident and excited about your next summer soiree. Have fun and stay healthy!