Chocolate covered anything makes the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day, but to create the perfect snack to impress your significant other, combine chocolate with some crunch and saltiness! Chocolate covered pretzels have a pleasing combination of texture and flavor balance to make a sweet treat, snack, or dessert.
Best Pretzel and Chocolate Combinations
- Sweet & Salty Pretzels pair best with milk chocolate. It’s a classic flavor mix and is a crowd pleaser.
- Sweet & Spicy Pretzels dipped in dark chocolate are a rich treat for sophisticated palates.
- You can opt for dark or milk chocolate with Sweet Chili Pretzels depending on if you want to highlight the sweet heat or tone it down a bit for a more kid-friendly chocolate-dipped pretzel treat.
- Salty Butterscotch Pretzels and white chocolate make for a dreamy flavor combination.
Decorate Your Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels!
- For Valentine’s Day, add pink or red sprinkles once you dip the pretzels in chocolate.
- For Easter, opt for pastel colors and white chocolate to keep things light and springy.
- For July 4th, go with red, white and blue with white chocolate dipped pretzels and red and blue sprinkles.
- For Halloween, try covering the whole pretzel with chocolate and then dipping them in orange sprinkles or sanding sugar to create mini pumpkins.
- For Thanksgiving, keep it more natural adding an almond sliver to the top of each chocolate-dipped pretzel giving the appearance of an acorn.
- For Christmas, try red and green sanding sugar for a festive look.
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 1 Wire drying rack or sheet pan
- 1 bag OMG! Pretzels Sweet & Salty, Sweet & Spicy, Sweet Chili or Salty Butterscotch
- 10 oz chocolate chip white, dark or milk
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler (simmering water in a saucepan with a bowl on top) until smooth.
- Dip OMG! Pretzels in chocolate until half of the nugget is covered. NOTE: Use your fingers to dip so you don’t lose the pretzels in the chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still melted, dip the pretzels in any decorations you want.
- Set to cool on a wire drying rack or sheet pan.
- Serve and enjoy!