Halloween is coming and we can’t wait! To join in the fun of all the costumes and seasonal decorations, we put together 5 easy recipes using gourmet pretzels to help you get in the Halloween spirit.
- Pumpkin Hummus with Pretzel Dippers: Pumpkins are good for more than jack-o-lanterns and pie. We like this simple and tasty recipe. If you want to amp up the spice level, add a little chili powder to the top and use our Sweet Chili pretzels for dipping. Keep it classic with our Garlic Pretzels and a simple sprinkle of parsley and olive on top of the hummus.
- Pretzel Nugget Ghosts: Choose your favorite sweet OMG! Pretzels flavor and fully submerge the crunchy sourdough nuggets in melted white chocolate, place them on a parchment lined sheet pan and refrigerate until set. Then, with some melted dark chocolate, pipe on eyes and mouths to give your ghosts a face.
- Pumpkin Deviled Eggs: If you want to make something slightly elegant, these are great! Add a little pumpkin puree and paprika to your deviled egg mixture for color and flavor. Then, pipe the mixture into the egg white boats with a ribbed tip to give the appearance of a pumpkin. Finish them off with a pretzel nugget “stem.” We think Chesapeake Spice works well in this festive appetizer.
- Mini Meatball “Pumpkins”: Use your favorite meatball recipe to add something hearty to your Halloween appetizer spread. Before you bake them, add a pretzel nugget “stem,” so when you serve them, the pretzels can be a handle for the mini meatball. Choose the flavor of our gourmet pretzels that match up best with your meatballs. We thought this buffalo meatball recipe sounded yummy; we tried it with our Cheddar Jalapeno Pretzels and were not disappointed!
- Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread: We had to add another sweet option to this list; it’s Halloween after all! This super simple and yummy option could be an appetizer or dessert. We suggest adding some crushed Salty Butterscotch Pretzels to the top with the toffee bits AND serving some on the side as a dipper along with the apple slices.
We hope these simple recipes for Halloween using pretzels get you in the mood for some freaky fun with family and friends!