Retro Sweet & Salty Pretzel Salad
We decided to make this in honor of National Retro Day. Cookie salad is making a comeback and we put an OMG! spin on it with fudge-striped Sweet & Salty Pretzels instead of the cookies that the recipe normally uses. The hint of cinnamon shines through. Bonus points if you serve it up in a retro bowl.
- Whisk, parchment paper, double boiler, sheet pan
- 4 cups milk cold
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 8 oz whipped topping thawed
- 6 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
- 1 bag Sweet & Salty OMG! Pretzels
- Use the milk and instant pudding mix to prepare according to box directions and chill.
- Meanwhile, prep the “fudge-striped” Sweet & Salty OMG! Pretzels. (TIP: This step is important to help the pretzels keep their texture in the salad.) In a double boiler, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat until smooth.
- Place the OMG! Pretzels on a parchment-lined sheet pan. With a spoon, drizzle the pretzel nugget with the chocolate and place the pan in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens, about 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate is getting firm, combine the chilled pudding and the whipped topping in a bowl.
- Fold in the drained mandarin oranges. Be sure to reserve a few for the topping.
- Put 8 “fudge-striped” OMG! Sweet & Salty Pretzels aside for the top. Place the rest in a plastic bag and crush them slightly. Fold them into the pudding mixture.
- Transfer the pretzel salad to a serving bowl and decorate the top with the reserved mandarin oranges and pretzel nuggets.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Calories: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 5gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 272mgPotassium: 250mgFiber: 1gSugar: 42gVitamin A: 431IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 171mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels