PB&J Bars with Salty Butterscotch Pretzel Topping
This dessert is the ultimate treat for sweet and salty lovers. The Salty Butterscotch OMG! Pretzels on top add the perfect crunch and extra flavor. You can serve this alone or dress them up with a drizzle of butterscotch syrup and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Electric mixer, 8x8 square baking pan
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup peanut butter smooth
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 stick butter room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup strawberry jam Note: You can also use grape or other flavor you prefer.
- ⅓ cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- ½ cup OMG! Salty Butterscotch Pretzels coarsely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with aluminum foil. Be sure to leave an overhang around the edges and press the foil firmly into the corners of the pan. Coat the foil with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a larger bowl, cream the peanut butter, sugar, and butter until smooth. Then, add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat on low until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and beat on low just until combined.
- Transfer half of the dough to your prepared pan, nearly 2 cups. Using your palms or the back of a spoon, press the dough evenly onto the bottom of the pan.
- Place the remaining dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Spread the jam on the dough in an even layer.
- Remove the extra dough from the fridge and scatter ½-inch chunks on top of the jam. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top.
- Bake the bars for 25 minutes and then add the OMG! Salty Butterscotch Pretzels to the top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until the top of the bars are golden brown.
- Cool the bars completely. Then, lift the bars out of the pan with the foil handles.
- Cut the bars into 16 pieces.
DO AHEAD: This dessert can be made up to 3 days ahead of when you are serving them. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for optimum freshness.
Calories: 220kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 6gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 146mgPotassium: 131mgFiber: 1gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 15IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels