Kitchen Sink Treats with Salty Butterscotch Pretzels
This is a fun twist on a childhood classic dessert - crispy rice treats. We are adding Salty Butterscotch pretzels as part of the base and then mixing in some candies. You can opt for different add-ins to accommodate for your family’s favorites. We’ve also done this with our Sweet & Salty pretzels, along with chopped peanut butter cups and toffee chips. The point is, you can mix in whatever you have on hand. Be as crazy as you want, just don’t throw in the actual kitchen sink!
- saute pan, parchment paper, cookie sheet
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- One 16-ounce bag large marshmallows
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal such as Rice Krispies
- 2 cups OMG! Salty Butterscotch Pretzels crushed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate candies such as M&Ms
- ⅓ cup sprinkles
- Line a 9-by-13-inch cookie sheet with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on each of the longer sides. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the marshmallows, stirring occasionally, until they are melted and smooth. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Working quickly, add the rice cereal and crushed OMG! Pretzels to the pot. Stir with a rubber spatula until evenly coated. Once evenly distributed, add the chocolate candies and sprinkles.
- Transfer to the prepared sheet and press into an even, compact layer. (Spray your hands with a little cooking spray or use another piece of parchment when pressing the cereal mixture into the pan).
- Let the treats sit at room temperature until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares; makes about 2 dozen. You can store the kitchen sink treats at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days (if they last that long).
Serving: 1squareCalories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 2gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 78mgPotassium: 49mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 140IUVitamin C: 0.2mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 0.3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels