Chocolate Mousse Bars with Sweet & Spicy Pretzel Crust
This decadent dessert has just the right blend of sweet, salty, and spicy. Plus, the crunchy pretzel crust pairs well with the chewy texture of the dulce de leche and the smooth chocolate mousse. You’ll definitely make this more than once!
- 8x8 baking pan
- parchment paper
- food processor
- electric mixer
Sweet & Spicy Pretzel Crust
- 4 tbso butter melted
- 1 bag Sweet & Spicy OMG! Pretzels
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can dulce de leche store-bought
- whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut two strips of parchment paper to cover the bottom of the pan and make it easy to lift the bars out once complete.
- Pulse the Sweet & Spicy OMG! Pretzels in the food processor until fine and drizzle in melted butter. Pulse to combine.
- Press the crust into the prepared 8x8 pan. Bake for 8 minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool.
- Make the chocolate mousse next. HINT - you can buy a mix to make this step faster. Or you can make it from scratch like we did.
- To make the mousse, follow this recipe.
- Onto the cooled crust, pour the dulce de leche and then the chocolate mousse. Smooth the top and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 6 hours to cool and the bars to set.
- Once they are chilled, remove from the fridge, remove plastic wrap, and cut into 9 squares. Dollop whipped cream on each bar for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 615kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 7gFat: 52gSaturated Fat: 34gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 260mgSodium: 586mgPotassium: 290mgFiber: 1gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 1589IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 170mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels