Gourmet 7-Layer Dip with Cheddar Jalapeño Pretzels
This elegant twist on a classic appetizer will allow guests to get settled while enjoying a delicious dish. Serve this as the first course outside with sangria or margaritas before sitting down for the rest of the meal. Gourmet doesn’t have to be stuffy!
- 1 Clear casserole dish
- 1 Sheet pan
- 1 Offset spatula
- 1 food processor
- 1 Potato Masher
Black Bean Layer
- 2 cans black beans drained
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregeno
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 avocados
- 1½ limes juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Sour Cream Layer
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lime zest
- 16 oz sour cream
Corn Salsa Layer
- 1 poblano pepper roasted and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion diced
- 15 oz frozen corn thawed or 3 fresh ears with kernels cut off
- ½ cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- ½ lime juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 radishes fresh
- 6 oz cotija cheese crumbled
- ½ bag OMG! Cheddar Jalapeno Pretzels
- Preheat the oven to 375 degress.
- Cut the poblano in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and ribs. Once the oven comes to temperature, roast the pepper on a sheet pan with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste for 10 minutes or until tender and slightly charred.1 poblano pepper
- Meanwhile, prepare the bean layer. Saute the onion, garlic and spices together in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Once onions are soft (approximately 7 minutes), add the drained beans and saute for another 5 minutes.2 cans black beans
- Once the mixture is cooled slightly, add to a food processor, and puree until smooth. Then add it to the bottom of your clear glass serving dish as the first layer of your dip. Spread it evenly with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon so it looks pretty.
- Meanwhile, let the poblano pepper cool until it’s cool enough to handle and cut into a large dice.
- Once the pepper is ready, add it to a medium bowl with the corn, diced red onion and cilantro. Mix together with olive and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.15 oz frozen corn
- Mix sour cream together with lime zest and dried spices.
- Halve the avocados, remove the pits and scoop out of the flesh into a bowl, squeeze the juice of the limes, add salt and pepper to taste, and mash the potato masher.2 avocados
- On top of the black bean puree, add the guacamole layer and smooth it out with the offset spatula.
- Add the sour cream mixture layer and smooth it out; you’re going for distinct layers.
- Add the corn salsa later on top of the sour cream and press it gently.
- Now comes the more free-form layers. First, sprinkle on the crumbled cotija cheese and then add sliced radishes.
- Finally, top with crumbled OMG! Cheddar Jalapeno Pretzels.½ bag OMG! Cheddar Jalapeno Pretzels
Serve with extra pretzels and tortilla chips for dipping.
Calories: 674kcalCarbohydrates: 67gProtein: 20gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 1105mgPotassium: 1143mgFiber: 16gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 919IUVitamin C: 41mgCalcium: 317mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels