Wedge Salad with Lemon Pepper “Proutons™”
This herbaceous salad has lots of bright, citrus notes and is the ultimate in crunch and freshness. The Lemon Pepper “Proutons™” - pretzel nugget croutons - give the dish the perfect topping and flavor finish.
- 1 blender
- 2 hearts of romaine or bundles of Bibb lettuce
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 lime juiced
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 cup Lemon Pepper OMG! Pretzels
- ¼ cup Cotija cheese crumbled, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quick pickle the red onion - add the onion slices, sugar, vinegar and a pinch of salt to a small bowl, stir and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash and dry lettuce. Cut lengthwise into thirds.
- In a blender, combine the sour cream, lime juice, garlic and cilantro, Add salt and pepper to taste. NOTE - you can add some olive oil as needed to thin out the dressing.
- Place the lettuce on a platter. Drizzle with dressing (PRO TIP: Place the dressing in a zipper top bag and cut a small hole in one corner. Then squeeze the dressing in a zig zag pattern over the lettuce for a beautiful presentation.) and then top with pickled onions, cheese and OMG! Lemon Pepper Pretzels.
- Add a few cilantro leaves for garnish.
Calories: 84kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 2gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 118mgPotassium: 163mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 3522IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 73mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels