Spinach & Cheese Strata with Chesapeake Spice Pretzels
This dish is perfect for a weekend brunch or an easy make-ahead weeknight supper paired with a salad and side of sausage or bacon (for all you meat lovers out there). A traditional strata uses torn bread, but we’ve swapped it for our flavorful seasoned Chesapeake Spice pretzel nuggets. They are so scrumptious, they eliminate the need for additional spices in your strata - saving you time!
- whisk, 13x9 baking pan
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups shredded swiss or Gruyere cheese
- ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 bag OMG! Chesapeake Spice Pretzels
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Grease baking pan with spray or light coating of butter.
- Saute the diced shallots in olive oil for about 4 minutes on low, until soft. Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs for about 2 minutes until fluffy and light in color.
- Then, pour in milk, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Add shredded cheese, chopped spinach and shallots to the egg and milk mixture. Stir.
- Fold in one bag of whole OMG! Chesapeake Spice pretzel nuggets.
- Pour mixture into a prepared 13x9 pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mixture for at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving. NOTE: the strata will deflate a bit.
- You can cut it into squares or simply scoop servings onto plates from the pan.
Calories: 310kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 17gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 521mgPotassium: 332mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1224IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 588mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels