Labor Day is coming up and you know you want to take advantage of the long weekend. It’s a great excuse to invite friends over for some food and fun! We always love to create our menu, décor and activities for parties around a theme. This way, you can stay on track and save ideas that don’t fit or will take too much time for another entertaining opportunity.
Follow these tips, tricks and menu ideas for stress less Labor Day party planning and execution. Enjoy!
- Pool Party. Say goodbye to summer with some fun in the sun! Keep the décor simple since you’ll be in and out of the water. Get some fun floats to adorn the pool (and double as décor) and use colorful throwaway plates and napkins. We also prefer a light menu for a Labor Day pool party so people can feel free to be silly and swim around. Some of our favorite things to serve at a pool party are fruit kebabs, wrap sandwiches, and plenty of pretzel and dip combinations. For dips like guacamole and veggie dip, place bowls in trays of ice to keep things cool and then place larger bowls of OMG! Cheddar Jalapeño and Garlic pretzels close by for dipping.
- BBQ Bash. Hanging out by the grill, having some drinks and chatting with friends is always a great way to spend the evening and celebrate Labor Day. If you want to ask for help, have each guest bring a side dish and then you just have to handle whatever is going on that grill! Decorate the table with clusters of balloons and simple white plates. Have a few things out when people arrive to get the party started. Make a lemonade bar with bowls of fresh berries, pitchers of peach or mango nectar, and vodka for people to mix up a fun drink. Don’t forget something to munch on! A charcuterie board with some different cheeses, salamis, nuts, and OMG! Pretzels is great for a crowd.
- Game Night. This theme works inside or out. If you opt for inside, grab some fun group games like Cards Against Humanity, Pictionary, or Charades. If you’re planning to be outside, corn hole and horseshoes are always fun or amp up the silly with an old classic like Twister. For food, handheld options work best so everyone can keep up with the action. Sliders are great for the main dish paired with a fun french fry board. For something sweet keep the interactive vibe going and let guests make their own pretzel dessert nachos. Put out bowls of sweet OMG! Pretzels along with hot fudge and caramel sauces, fun candies, and whipped cream.
- Outdoor Movie Night. This idea for a Labor Day party is super family friendly and doesn’t have to involve making dinner for a bunch of people. Invite friends over about 30 minutes before it gets dark. Have a red carpet to welcome them to the backyard, set up lawn chairs and blankets in front of the screen. For snacks, let people choose from popcorn, a variety of OMG! Pretzel nuggets, candies, and sodas. Then, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
- Ice Cream Social. Another great Labor Day party idea is an ice cream social. Having the ice cream buffet set up inside is advised so everything doesn’t melt on you! This theme works for the whole family or just adults. There are tons of cute options for paper bowls out there or opt for edible waffle cone bowls. Whichever the vessel, be sure they are big enough to allow guests to add plenty of topping to their ice cream creations. We like to offer two or three flavors of ice cream, as well as toppings like crushed Sweet & Salty OMG! Pretzels, sprinkles, fresh berries, gummy worms, chocolate chips, and crushed cookies. This party idea is super simple and doesn’t break the bank.