Veggie Stuffed Mushrooms with Garlic Pretzel Topping
This plant-based dish is super filling and easy to make. Add it to your weeknight dinner rotation for something flavorful and good for you. The Garlic OMG! Pretzels on top gives this vegetarian dish crunch an added savoriness.
- Sheet pan
- saute pan
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2½ cups spinach fresh
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Garlic OMG! Pretzels crushed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove the stems from the inside. Chop up the stems and save for the filling.6 portobello mushrooms
- Place the cleaned mushrooms on a sheet pan greased lightly with cooking spray or a drizzle of olive oil.6 portobello mushrooms
- Heat 1 ½ tbsp. of olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat and add the onion, mushroom stems, zucchini, bell pepper and garlic, along with the dried herbs and salt and pepper. Saute until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the spinach until it is wilted, about 2 minutes.2½ cups spinach
- Let the filling cool slightly. Spoon filling into mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by combining the parmesan cheese, crushed Garlic OMG! Pretzels, and remaining olive oil in a small bowl.1 cup Garlic OMG! Pretzels
- Remove mushroom caps from the oven and add the topping; return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes until the topping is warm.
- Serve with a side salad and enjoy!
Calories: 137kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 6gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 241mgPotassium: 541mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1937IUVitamin C: 36mgCalcium: 125mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels