Perfect as a summer dinner or appetizers at a poolside party, these crab cakes are simple and elegant. The OMG! Chesapeake Spice Pretzels not only bind the crab together, the generous seasoning saves you time and gives the crab cakes the flavor you know and love in this seafood classic. If you want to use them as appetizers, consider using a mini ice cream scoop for portioning.
- food processor, saute pan, ice cream scoop
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice plus wedges for garnish
- ½ tbsp dried chives
- 1 pound lump crabmeat picked over
- 1 1/4 cup finely ground OMG! Chesapeake Spice Pretzels divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients and mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Gently fold in the crab. Try not to break up the pieces too much.
- Add 1 cup of pretzel crumbs and stir gently to combine.
- Scoop crab mixture with ice cream scoop for even size crab cakes. You can use your hands to shape them as needed.
- Chill the crab cakes on a parchment lined baking sheet for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the remaining pretzel crumbs on a plate and dredge/coat the crab cakes in the remaining pretzel crumbs.
- Saute 3 cakes at a time over medium high heat for about 4 minutes per side or until the pretzel crumbs are golden brown and the crab cakes are warmed through.
- Serve on a platter with lemon wedges and tartar sauce for dipping.
Calories: 1222kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 92gFat: 81gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 30gMonounsaturated Fat: 32gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 378mgSodium: 4930mgPotassium: 1160mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 702IUVitamin C: 41mgCalcium: 286mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.