Vegan Cheesecake with Sweet & Salty Pretzel Crust
If you’re looking for a vegan dessert, search no more. This no-bake, vegan cheesecake is easy to make and looks like an expert level dessert when finished. The Sweet & Salty OMG! Pretzels, used for the crust, give the creamy dessert the perfect amount of crunch and the cinnamon highlights the maple syrup used as the sweetener in the vegan cheesecake filling. Even if you aren’t a strict vegan, we say try this vegan dessert. You’ll be surprised how delicious it is.
- loaf pan, food processor, blender, parchment paper
Sweet & Salty Pretzel Crust
- 1.5 cups of OMG! Sweet & Salty Pretzels finely pulsed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 8 oz. package plain vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen peaches thawed
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a food processor, pulse the OMG! Sweet & Salty Pretzels and coconut oil together until crumbly. Line an 8x4” loaf pan with parchment paper allowing 1 inch of overhang on each side. Press the crust into the bottom of the pan. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine the cheesecake filling ingredients in a blender. Pour the filling over the crust and smooth until even. Freeze until this layer is completely firm, at least 2 hours.
- In a saute pan, warm the peaches with the cinnamon and lemon juice. Let cool, add the maple syrup and blend until smooth. Pour the peach compote on top of the frozen cheesecake layer and smooth until even. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let thaw for at least 20 minutes. Use the parchment paper to lift the cheesecake out of the pan. Slice it into 8 portions and then thaw for 15 to 20 minutes longer. You want the cheesecake layer to be creamy and the peach layer to be chilled, but not icy.
- Leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
Calories: 139kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 1gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 51mgPotassium: 126mgFiber: 1gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 127IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 24mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels