Pretzel-Topped Macaroni and Cheese
A fun take on this classic side dish, you’ll love the crunchy topping and added flavor our pretzel nuggets add. No matter which flavor of OMG! Pretzels you decide to use for your topping, you can use the same base recipe and method. We think Garlic, Chesapeake Spice (especially if you’re making lobster mac), or Cheddar Jalapeno work best for this recipe.
- whisk, grater
- 16 oz. 1 box elbow macaroni or other short pasta
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup OMG! Pretzels crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pot, cook the macaroni for about 7 minutes in boiling water. Use the box instructions, depending on the shape of pasta you choose.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the eggs, cheese and milk in a large bowl. Cut the butter into cubes and add it into the bowl.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it into a colander and add the hot macaroni to the cheese and milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking dish that has been lightly greased. Bake for 30 minutes or until the macaroni and cheese is mostly set.
- Add the crushed OMG! Pretzels to the top and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Calories: 1323kcalCarbohydrates: 54gProtein: 83gFat: 85gSaturated Fat: 46gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 2526mgPotassium: 694mgFiber: 8gSugar: 22gVitamin A: 2392IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 1637mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels