Sweet & Salty Pretzel Peanut Butter Cups
Let’s be real, chocolate and peanut butter are an amazingly delicious combination of sweet and salty. So, what could make that better? Sweet & Salty OMG! Pretzels, of course! This simple dessert will WOW your guests. The pretzel surprise inside adds crunch and extra flavor to these homemade treats. This pretzel dessert is perfect for your Halloween party since candy is the star of the holiday!
- cupcake tin, cupcake liners
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips melted
- 6 OMG! Sweet & Salty Pretzel Nuggets
- Add 6 cupcake liners to a cupcake tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and powdered sugar and well mixed, set aside.
- Over a double boiler or in the microwave, melt the chocolate chips until smooth. HINT - If using a microwave, it takes about 90 seconds. Use 30-second intervals and stir well between each cooking. If there are still lumps after 90 seconds, stir more robustly to let the residual heat melt the chocolate instead of microwaving more.
- Add a spoonful of melted chocolate to the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Add an OMG! Sweet & Salty Pretzel Nugget to the center of each well.
- Add a spoonful of the peanut butter mixture on top of the pretzel nugget. HINT - If it looks tall or clumpy, don’t worry! The melted chocolate being added next will do the work for you.
- Add a spoonful of melted chocolate over the top and gently spread with the back of the spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Once firm, remove the Sweet & Salty Pretzel Peanut Butter Cups from their cupcake liners.
- Wait 10 minutes for the chocolate to come to room temperature and serve on a platter (if they make it that far!).
Calories: 383kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 5gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gSodium: 149mgPotassium: 239mgFiber: 1gSugar: 34gCalcium: 39mgIron: 0.4mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels