Smoky Eggplant Dip with Lemon Pepper Pretzel Dippers
This appetizer is perfect for a summer evening. It’s light, but flavorful and only needs a few ingredients. The dip is meaty and can also be used as a condiment on lentil or rice bowls with a Mediterranean flair. Using OMG! Lemon Pepper Pretzels as the dipper for this vegetarian appetizer gives the dip a boost of pepper and citrus that naturally complements the dish.
- grill or gas stove, food processor
- 2 medium globe eggplants
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 bag OMG! Lemon Pepper Pretzels reserve bag seasoning for topping dip
- Char the eggplants over the flame of a gas stove or grill at medium high heat for about 15 minutes. Turn them a few times as they cook for an even char.
- Let them cool for about 12 minutes, until you can handle them. Put them in a bowl or colander in the sink as they will weep as they cool.
- Peel off the charred skin and return to the colander for 10 minutes to let the moisture continue to seep out of the eggplant. It’s ok if some skin remains; it will blend during the next steps.
- Add the drained eggplant to a food processor with the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Process until the mixture is creamy.
- Add to a bowl and top with seasoning from the bag of OMG! Lemon Pepper Pretzels.
- Serve with OMG! Lemon Pepper Pretzels and veggies for dipping.
Calories: 305kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 6gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 97mgPotassium: 653mgFiber: 8gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 67IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 54mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels