What should I serve with my dip?
What to eat with dip besides chips? These questions may pop up as you are planning to have people over or just thinking about the weekend and feeding your family. We have you covered with five delicious and easy dips, plus the pretzel that will make the best dipper for each. Serving OMG! Pretzels with your dips amps up the flavor and keeps things healthier while not sacrificing the crunch everyone loves.
- Salsa and Cheddar Jalapeno Pretzels: You don’t have to work hard for this yummy combination. Grab your favorite prepared salsa from the store and serve it up with a bag of OMG! Cheddar Jalapeno Pretzels. The flavors complement each other perfectly and the cheesiness of the pretzels gives you that hint of queso without the extra calories.
- Hummus and Garlic Pretzels: This is another time to take help from the grocery store. There are so many flavors of hummus available, you don’t need to make your own. We think varieties like original, red pepper, and lemon pair really well with OMG! Garlic Pretzels. If you want to make your own, you can do it in just a few steps with a food processor, canned garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas), garlic, lemon juice and tahini. PRO TIP: Use white beans instead of the garbanzo beans for a creamier texture.
- Tzatziki and Lemon Pepper Pretzels: There are store-bought versions of this dip, but we prefer homemade and it’s so easy to make! In a medium bowl, combine 16 oz of Greek yogurt with the juice of a lemon, a minced garlic clove, half of an English cucumber finely diced, 3 tbsp of chopped mint or dill, and a ¼ cup of crumbled feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. We like to serve this up with OMG! Lemon Pepper Pretzels to highlight the herbs and freshness in the dip.
- Smoked Salmon/Chive Dip and Chesapeake Spice Pretzels: If you aren’t into cooking, you can also find prepared versions of smoked salmon dips at specialty markets but making your own is easy and ensures a fresh flavor for this seafood dip. Mix together 8 oz of room temperature cream cheese with 1 tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp of minced chives and 4 oz of finely chopped smoked salmon. Serve this dip with OMG! Chesapeake Spice Pretzels for a flavor trip to your favorite seaside town. PRO TIP: Don’t add extra salt to the dip as the salmon and pretzels give this combination plenty of flavor!
- Marshmallow Cream Cheese Dip and Sweet & Salty Pretzels: Who says dips can’t be sweet? Not us! For this sweet dip, all you need to do is combine 8 oz of room temperature cream cheese with 6 oz of marshmallow cream. If you want to make it fun for a holiday or the kids, you can also add some food coloring. Once combined, serve it up with OMG! Sweet & Salty Pretzels for dipping. The hint of cinnamon from the pretzels helps balance this combination and keep the sweetness factor on point.
We hope you have fun snacking on these 5 easy dips and pretzel combinations!