Philly Cheesesteak Dip with Garlic Pretzel Dippers
Who doesn’t love an ooey, gooey cheese dip? We gave this one a hometown twist to celebrate our Philadelphia Eagles making it to the NFC Championship. With the flavors of the classic cheesesteak, this dip is hearty and fun for feeding a crowd for the big game! Make it vegetarian by leaving out the meat or swapping in a meatless product. Our Garlic pretzel nuggets are the perfect accompaniment to this dip.
- grater, saute pan
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups white american or Monterey jack cheese grated
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 5 button mushrooms diced
- 3 oz. shaved beef cooked and diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of OMG! Garlic Pretzels
- Prep and cut the veggies; grate the cheese.
- Saute the veggies in olive oil over medium heat, until soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Saute the beef in the same saute pan until cooked through. Set aside to cool. Dice.
- Melt the butter. Add in the flour and whisk. Cook on low for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add in the milk and a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk until smooth. Simmer for 5 minutes until warmed through and thickened.
- Sprinkle in cheese. Whisk until combined and the cheese is melted.
- Add the meat and veggies into the cheese mixture and combine. If you need to thin it out, drizzle in a little more milk.
- Serve in small ramekins or crocks to keep the dip warm with OMG! Garlic Pretzels on the side for dipping.
Calories: 346kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 14gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 859mgPotassium: 298mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 788IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 572mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels