For a semi-healthy summer treat and way to cool off, try our quick and easy Frozen Bananas. You just need a few ingredients and a couple of hours for them to solidify and then you get a creamy icy center with chocolate and pretzel crunch on the outside. Enjoy!
- double boiler, parchment paper, wooden sticks/skewers
- 10 oz of milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Sweet & Spicy OMG! Pretzels crushed
- 1 Bananas half per person
- In a double boiler, over low heat, melt the chocolate chips until smooth.
- While the chocolate is melting, prep your other ingredients. Peel the bananas and cut them in half. Stick the skewer into the fatter end. Crush your pretzels and put them in a bowl deep enough for dipping the bananas into.
- Once the chocolate is smooth and melted, dip the banana halves into the chocolate and then into the crushed pretzels.
- Place them on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. Let them freeze for about 2 hours.
- Thaw for about 5 minutes at room temperature and enjoy!
NOTE FROM THE OMG! KITCHEN: This summer snack and dessert is fully customizable. You can mix up the flavor combinations and add extra treats on the outside to cater to your tastes. Some other ideas are dark chocolate with Sweet Chili OMG! Pretzels, Salty Butterscotch OMG! Pretzels paired with blonde chocolate (yes, it’s a thing!) and crushed pecans, or milk chocolate with Sweet & Salty OMG! Pretzels and chocolate sprinkles. The kids can help make these as well since it’s mostly about assembling and dipping!
Calories: 976kcalCarbohydrates: 144gProtein: 3gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 25gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.04gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 391mgPotassium: 452mgFiber: 3gSugar: 104gVitamin A: 76IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 6mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels