Tortellini Casserole with Garlic Pretzel Topping
This hearty dish mostly cooks on its own, but has flavor as if you’ve slaved away in the kitchen all day! It’s perfect for busy weeknights or for when you’re getting back into the school-year routine. The crunchy Garlic Pretzel topping adds the perfect amount of crunch and wow factor for this easy vegetarian meal.
- Slow cooker or crock pot
For the casserole:
- 8 oz white button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini about 3 cups worth
- 8 oz cream cheese softened and cubed
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves lightly packed
For the topping:
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ bag of Garlic OMG! Pretzels chopped
- Lightly coat a 4 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix mushrooms, onions, melted butter, soy sauce, and pepper in the slow cooker, and then add in the vegetable broth to cover the veggie mixture.
- Cover and cook on the low setting for 7 to 8 hours or the high setting for 4 to 5 hours. The vegetables should be very tender and browned.
- Stir in tortellini and cream cheese. Cover and cook on the low heat setting for 15 minutes.
- Stir and then cook for 15 more minutes or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach and let stand for 5 minutes in the slow cooker.
- Serve the tortellini in deep bowls.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and chopped Garlic OMG! Pretzels.
Calories: 301kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 6gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 892mgPotassium: 323mgFiber: 1gSugar: 27gVitamin A: 1821IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 94mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels