This is the perfect spring recipe! It makes a delicious side or gourmet appetizer. These spring veggies look fancy and taste fabulous with some herbs, fresh lemon, and of course pretzel stuffing.
- Food processor, dutch oven
- 2 artichokes
- ½ cup grated parmesan or pecorino cheese
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup OMG! Garlic Pretzels
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 tbsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the stuffing: Pulse the OMG! Garlic Pretzels until they are the consistency of breadcrumbs. Combine in a small bowl with the cheese, 5 tbsp of olive oil, pepper and zest of the lemon.
- Prep the artichokes: Wash and dry the artichokes. Snip off the tips of each artichoke leaf and cut the stem so that the artichokes will sit up in the baking dish. Cut off the top of the artichoke (about 1 inch) so you can see the inside of the vegetable. Rub the exposed part with a slice of lemon to prevent browning. Then, remove the inner leaves and the fuzzy choke.
- Stuff the artichokes: Add stuffing between the leaves and in the center of the artichoke. You may want to do this over a cutting board or sheet pan to catch the crumbs and prevent making a mess.
- Bake the artichokes: Place the prepared, stuffed artichokes in the dutch oven with 2-3 tbsp of water (a little more for larger artichokes), remaining olive oil, bay leaf, sliced lemon and garlic cloves. Bake, covered, for 1 hour or until tender in the center. You can bake them for an additional 5-7 minutes uncovered to allow the edges to brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
You can also make these with OMG! Lemon Pepper Pretzels or OMG! Chesapeake Spice Pretzels.
Calories: 1246kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 12gFat: 112gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 12gMonounsaturated Fat: 79gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 798mgPotassium: 1185mgFiber: 18gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 65IUVitamin C: 89mgCalcium: 175mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels