Eggplant & Zucchini “Parmigiana” with Vegan Vodka-Style Sauce
This vegan dish makes the perfect summer supper. You can serve it with a salad or a hearty grain like farro (or both). The blend of flavors in this simple plant-based entree will make your tastebuds happy! Citrus notes in the OMG! Lemon Pepper Pretzels mirror the lemongrass in the Jar Goods Vegan Vodka-Style Tomato Sauce. We are using eggplant and zucchini, but you can also try this with bell peppers, portobello mushrooms, or tofu. The method is the key here. If you are eating plant-based, but include some dairy in your diet, you can add some parmesan cheese to the pretzel crumb topping.
- food processor, grill pan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Prep your vegetables. For the eggplant and zucchini, wash and dry the veggies, then trim off the ends so you have a stable base for making even slices.
- Drizzle one side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a food processor, pulse together the OMG! Lemon Pepper Pretzels and pistachios until the pieces are small and the mixture sticks together. You can add some olive oil or coconut oil to help keep the mixture combined.
- In batches, on a grill pan or grill, cook the veggies on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes or until tender and you can see grill marks.
- Transfer them to a sheet pan, and top with spoonfuls of Jar Goods Vegan Vodka-Style Tomato Sauce to cover. Then sprinkle on the pretzel crumb-pistachio mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 3 minutes or until the pretzel crust is warm and golden brown.
Calories: 406kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 11gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 184mgPotassium: 1126mgFiber: 12gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 328IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels