Roasted Vegetable Panzanella with Garlic Pretzels
This hearty salad is great for any winter evening served with a cup of soup. You can change out the veggies to accommodate your family’s favorites - just be sure to include various colors and textures to keep the salad bright and fun. Panzanella is a traditional, rustic Italian salad that features bread. We, of course, have featured our flagship Garlic flavored pretzels in this recipe.
- 1 Sheet pan
For the Salad
- 3 cups butternut squash (peel the squash and remove the seeds; one-inch dice on the flesh)
- 3 cups brussels sprouts halved lengthwise
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes r grape tomatoes, whole
- 2 cups Garlic Pretzels
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese fresh, dice (or tear) in one-inch pieces
- 4 tbsp basil leaves fresh, cut or tear into small pieces
For the Dressing
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Prep your veggies (remember to wash and dry all of your fresh produce). HINT: Be sure your vegetables are all about the same size so they roast evenly. We prefer a one-inch dice so it’s easy to eat.
- Place veggies on a sheet pan. HINT: You may need more than one; give vegetables some space to roast.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil, about half a tablespoon per type of vegetable, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the vegetables in the oven and let them roast for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the dressing by combining the olive oil, vinegar, garlic and oregano in a bowl; whisk together. HINT: If you make it in a mason jar, you can easily keep the extra dressing and save yourself from having to wash another bowl.
- Let the vegetables cool slightly, for about 3 minutes, so they can be easily handled. Then, add them to your serving bowl and add about half of the dressing. Toss.
- Add the Garlic OMG! Pretzels, fresh mozzarella, and basil. Toss again. Add any additional dressing for the amount you prefer to coat the pretzels and cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Degrees are in Fahrenheit. Recipes are weeknight-friendly when they can be made, including prep time, in less than 45 minutes. For this vegetarian main, you can use vegan cheese or omit the cheese.
Calories: 548kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 17gFat: 41gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 527mgPotassium: 882mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 12517IUVitamin C: 96mgCalcium: 393mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @OMGpretzels or tag #omgpretzels